The Power of Passion
Improving this single attitude makes your days fly by. You wake up excited to work. You make the right decisions. You get more done in less time.
Improving this attitude affects everyone around you. They believe in you, trust you and want to support you.
This one attitude can change your entire life for the better.
On a scale of 1 to 10, how excited are you right now? Do you really, truly want to succeed? Are you thrilled with your goals for today? Is your passion at 8, 9 or 10?
If not, you must learn to generate more passion for your work, your career and your life.
To succeed you must be a leader, even if you are only the leader for one person (yourself).
“In all great leaders there is a purpose and intensity which is unmistakable.” — L. Ron Hubbard
Have you noticed how the best speeches of politicians, ministers or actors always include high-volume intensity? Their passion is unmistakable! You also see this in the most successful people you know.
You too have the ability to motivate yourself; to concentrate on your purpose; to get yourself excited about what you do. You can generate all the passion you need to succeed.
Your attitude sets the mood for everyone around you. They get excited if you are excited. For example, recommendations you give to others that come from your heart have a much bigger impact than recommendations you give with no passion behind them.
“A man who merely wants to be liked will never be a leader. A broad examination of history shows clearly that men follow those they respect. Respect is a recognition of inspiration, purpose and competence and personal force or power.” — L. Ron Hubbard
There are few things stronger than a leader with a firm direction and passion to get there.
1. Elon Musk took over Tesla with the purpose to create affordable mass market electric vehicles. He used his own money, his engineering background and his high-tech talents to revolutionize the car industry. As a result, Tesla is one of the most valuable companies in the world and Elon Musk is one of the wealthiest.
2. Jeff Bezos created Amazon with a passion to satisfy customers. He came up with several new inventions that revolutionized the way we buy things. Amazon became one of the most valuable companies in the world and Jeff Bezos, one of the wealthiest.
3. The CEOs of Microsoft (Satya Nadella), Google (Sundar Pichai) and Apple (Tim Cook) all took over their companies from the founders and moved these companies to new levels with their inspiration and passion. As a result, the value of all three companies have reached new levels and are in the top ten best places to work in the world.
Who have you loved to work with? Were they passionate? Did you do well while working with them?
When you point your energy, your resources and your activities toward one focused goal, you not only feel more joy in what you are doing, you get more accomplished.
To do this, you need a purpose. What makes you passionate? For example, for which of these objectives can you generate the most passion and intensity?
* Reaching a specific goal
* Accomplishing a certain level of perfection
* Earning the money to buy something you really need or want
* Going back to an original purpose
* Beating a challenge
* Filling your life with as much happiness as possible
* Fulfilling a duty to yourself or your family
* Helping a great number of people
* Creating a superior reputation
* Building a highly-successful business
* Helping others achieve success
* Becoming the best at what you do
* Hitting a specific production target
* Making a positive impact on society
Once you select a purpose or game for which you can be passionate, go for it! Get intense! Use it to help you generate personal force and power.
Use your purpose to overwhelm all obstacles and barriers. Stay focused on your end results. Never doubt your ability to win the game.
Create the passion you need to succeed. Use it to then get others to be part of your game and use your combined passions to succeed as never before!